Katie guides her clients across a range of transaction structures, territories, product stages, and technologies. Her experience collaborating with life science companies has led to the creation of numerous successful business driven outcomes. Her practice includes:
- Advising on target discovery collaborations, drafting option-based structures, and negotiating pre-clinical program licensing
- Counseling for companies raising growth capital, executing strategic partnerships and merger and acquisition transactions, and initial public offering
- Counseling on cross-border and global transactions
- Assisting in structuring spin-offs, divestitures, and out-licensing from pharma, academic research institutions, and hospital systems
- Strategic intellectual property counsel relating to biotechnology, chemical, pharmaceutical, and other life science companies
Katie is a partner and director of Caldwell’s life science practice group. Katie focuses on the representation of life sciences companies discovering, developing, protecting and offering pharmaceuticals, therapeutic vaccines, digital health, medical devices, biologics, and antibody products.
Katie has been featured in the Wall Street Journal, Fox Business, and Nature Biotechnology for her intellectual prowess governing legal and scientific disputes. Katie specializes in transactions involving intellectual property rights, strategic partnerships, licensing, and research collaborations. In addition, she maintains an active practice in cross-border transactions, being dually qualified to practice in both the United States and England and Wales.
Katie is the chair of the Chemistry and the Law division of the American Chemical Society. She is a fixture of the entrepreneurial ecosystem and provides pro-bono legal advice in partnership with MIT Sandbox and Oregon Bioscience Incubator.